Friday, October 3, 2008

Pets Mini Lesson

Since we were at the library this morning we grabbed a Discovery Pack to do a "mini" preschool lesson. All we did for this was go through the materials with no additions from me, so it was actually quite short. And not really my favorite books, etc. But I will post what was there for reference to some pet material for anyone interested.

Books:
Pets by Liz Gogerly (Enjoyed this book)
My First Cat by Linda Bozzo (Good book if you like cats. We don't)
Dogs and Cats by Steve Jenkins (Too in depth for my 3 year old)

The kit also included Elmo's World Pets (ISBN 0738935247) which we did not watch. I think Elmo is annoying. Sorry.

The one redeeming factor was a Melissa & Doug pets sound puzzle. Can be found here or here. Both my kids loved this puzzle.

Better, more planned out lessons and ideas next week. For now, enjoy the pets. My three year old has decided we should get a pet snake...

No comments: